Monday, April 27, 2009

Where's Spring?

Somehow central Ohio skipped the beautiful, breezy spring months and went straight into sweltering summer.  It was in the 80s this weekend, but sooo gorgeous!

On Friday, I did a jewelry party for my friend Jen.  I've always wondered how I am at sales - and the answer is not good.  Apparently, when people tell me 'No', I'm supposed to try to talk them into saying 'Yes.'  I figure No means No - it's the RA in me!  Oh well - I'll stick it out for a few more months.  Jen made the most amazing prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and champagne cocktails with champagne, pear juice and pomegranate juice.  Very yummy!

On Saturday,  Simon and I went to a co-worker's wedding.  Afterward, we headed to the Columbus Crew game because Best Buy had offered Simon free tickets for some reason. Unfortunately, I got paged for work before Best Buy could give us our tickets, so we missed out.   By the time I was finished, it was almost time for kick-off. Ugh.  I was really looking forward to the game.

On Sunday, we went the Church at Polaris.  It was very much like the Vineyard - ultra contemporary - the pastors wear jeans and loud shirts.  I actually liked the message - it was about the conflict between worshipping God and worshipping your stuff.  However,  all the crazy singing with arms outstretched in the air was scary.  I like music as much as the next person, but I never feel moved to hold my arms up in the air.  I guess I always feel like that stuff is more for show than an actual profession of faith.  "I'm so close to God I'm going to wave my hands in the air so I feel like I'm touching him/her."  (Shouldn't God be beyond gender?)  I waved my hands in the air at the New Kids concert and I certainly didn't feel particularly religious then.

After church, we went to the Mellow Mushroom pizza place and to the Westerville Mini-Golf/Batting Cages.  I can actually hit a softball -- not as well as Simon, though  He's a softball stud.  He was hitting balls all over the place.  I almost won mini-golf - just 4 points away.  I even got a hole-in-one!  Possibly my only hole-in-one ever.  It prompted me to invent a hole-in-one dance, which was very fetching.

I'll try to be better about keeping this thing updated - my schedule is just obnoxious and I never feel like using my computer when I get home. 

No comments: