Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is This Really an Issue?

I read yesterday that a health minister in Israel wanted the Swine flu to be renamed because the word 'Swine' was offensive to Jewish and Muslim people.

It's the FLU, people.  Is it supposed to be upbeat and peppy?  Rainbow flu.  Bunny Rabbit flu. Those don't really work so well.

I think it's great to have a flu named after something you find offensive because the flu sucks.  I would be perfectly content with a Dubya flu (tee hee) or Cystic Acne flu or Liver Spots flu.

It's not like you catch this flu by eating pork.  You don't even have to be around pigs.  You don't even have to be on the same continent as pigs.  So how is it offensive?

If you're offended by it, try not to catch it.  Then you don't have to talk about it.  'Cause from what I read, it sounds horrible.  I'm going to start wearing a mask.

No comments: