Friday, August 21, 2009

I Lost Two Pounds!

I'm so excited to lose two pounds - it's about time I see the scale going the other way!

I've been working really hard this past week - hitting the gym and cooking healthy foods. To be honest, I was a little worried that I'd never lose weight again. Now that I'm over 30, I don't have the same metabolism I had as a twentysomething. (Although I've never had much of a metabolism, so I don't really know why I would think that.) It turns out the same crap still works to help you lose weight - eat less and move more!

I went to the gym yesterday and did 10 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the treadmill and 25 minutes of weightlifting. Let me tell you, it's much easier to do cardio when you're watching the Golden Girls. Rose cracks me up!

I told my personal trainer about the Every Bodies Boot Camp and she said "Why on earth would you do such a thing?" Apparently, she tried the boot camp class and it kicked HER butt. She gets paid to stay in shape and struggled in the class so I'm not going to feel bad about bailing on it.

I did some cooking yesterday since I'm on vacation and had time to get all gourmet. I decided to start another page with all the recipes I try. That way I can still write about all the stuff I want (yogurt, anorexic mantis women) without cluttering up this page with ingredients and instructions.

I made a Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Bread. I've been dying to make this since I saw the pictures. It wasn't exactly what I expected but I really enjoyed it.

I've been craving Meatloaf, so I made that too. This was another recipe I've been dying to try! I served it with mashed potatoes and Roasted Sugar Snap Peas.

Today is my last day of vacation (boo!) so I'm headed to Kings Island. Apparently Sean Hannity will also be there today. That figures. I find that man vile and disgusting. If I see him or hear
him, I may lose control and slap him silly. He is responsible for so much bad information out there - and the stuff he says about President
Obama...Hannity's a patriot my gigantic arse. Keep an eye on the news tonight!

No comments: