Saturday, September 12, 2009

Conspiring Against Me, The World Was

It all started with a bagel.

On Friday, I spent so much time lollygagging in the morning, I didn't even have time for cereal. Starving, I headed to the cafeteria for a DELICIOUS asiago cheese bagel. It even had the burned bits of cheese stuck on the bottom. There was only one left and I was super excited about it. I stuck it in the toasting oven and wandered over to get coffee while my bagel was toasting. If you've ever used our toasting oven, you would understand why I multi-tasked. Those suckers move like molasses.

I was only away for three minutes, but my beloved asiago bagel was gone when I got back. Instead, some tool had left me a BURNED cinnamon raisin bagel. Did they think I wouldn't notice? Cinnamon raisin and asiago are not the same flavors. And no, I was not pre-toasting it for the thief. It's mine unless I leave it there for 10 minutes.

Here's the deal. If you burn your bagel, get a new one or scrape off the burned bits. There were a million other cinnamon raisin bagels to choose from. Don't swipe my perfectly toasted asiago bagel because you can't figure out how to work the oven properly. What kind of society do we live in where people steal other people's toasted bagels? I was eyeballing all the people around me to see who the swiper was. I would've started a brawl. Sadly, I never found the perpetrator. But I was certainly not about to take the cinnamon raisin bagel. Blech! I got an English muffin instead.

The Sandwich Incident

At lunch, I went back to my apartment to make a sandwich. I was trying to be all healthy. Sadly, my bread was moldy and gross and I had to throw it away.

The Qdoba Incident

Since my sandwich was scrapped, I headed to Qdoba for a naked taco salad (and some guacamole and chips - Rome wasn't built in a day!) When I got to my desk, I tried to eat my salad. The chicken was so overcooked and chewy, it made me gag. I had to toss the whole thing in the trash. That left me with chips and guacamole. The chips were burned. The guacamole was too cilantro-y. But, since that's all I had, it was what I ate. At least I wasn't gagging!

Thank goodness Friday is OVER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay so I don't know what I'm dong.

I'm glad we made up for the terrible trauma of the day with a nummy dinner & tasty treat!

Anonymous said...

Oh & free goodies!

Even if the shirt is just awful.