Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Ugh Ugh Ugh

I've noticed a strange thing happening in my closet recently -- none of my clothes fit. As the proud owner of numerous cute clothing items, I am very disappointed. I suspect it was aliens. OK - it wasn't aliens. It was me. I've been eating out more, drinking more and certainly working out way less. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that's a formula for packing on a few pounds.

I need to get off this rollercoaster. It isn't healthy for me and it makes me feel like crap about myself.

I've re-joined Weight Watchers. It helped me lose 60 lbs before so it can help me lose the amount I've gained (which is luckily way less than 60.) And this time, I'm going to actually follow the plan instead of just going to meetings and assuming the weight will come off via osmosis.

I went to my first meeting on Saturday and almost cried when I saw the number on the scale. But, as long as I lose at least .1 lb this week, I'll never see that number again!

The meeting was helpful (as they always are). Here's what I took away:

  • "If you do what you've always done, you'll get the same results." (I know this is a cheesy, corny Weight Watchers rhyme - a la "If you bite it, write it" - but it's true and helpful to keep in mind.)

  • If you're going to splurge, make it worthwhile. For me, a Campfire Mocha from Caribou Coffee would be worth an occasional splurge; M&Ms from the vending machine...not so much.

I've done some good stuff and some bad stuff so far since I've rejoined. Here's the good:

  • Selected soup & salad instead of pancakes at Bob Evans

  • Ordered Sinless Cake Batter ice cream with chocolate shavings from Cold Stone instead of Jell-O Chocolate Pudding ice cream with graham cracker pieces

  • Forced myself to go the gym last night when I really just wanted to sit around and read a magazine.
Here's the bad:

  • Opted for the pumpkin bread instead of dinner rolls at Bob Evans (at least I only had 3/4 of one piece - it would've been worse to eat two pieces!)

  • Enjoyed too many cocktails at the weekend's Labor Day festivities

  • Enjoyed too much delicious food at the weekend's Labor Day festivities (at least it was delicious!)
Well, you can't hit them all out of the park on your first try! Tonight, I'm going to some pizza event downtown where 50 pizza vendors are letting peeps sample their wares. Yeah, that's a Weight Watchers friendly event for sure!

Here's my game plan:
  • Stick to cheese and pineapple toppings

  • Only sample pizzas that are new to me (no Pizza Hut or Papa John's)

  • Only eat small pieces

No comments: