Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Thoughts

#1: It Is Too Early For Christmas Carols -- I don't care how much people love Christmas carols. They shouldn't be played until AFTER Thanksgiving. Where are the Thanksgiving carols? Shouldn't those be played first? When I hear Christmas carols, I freak out because it reminds me that I haven't shopped, decorated, baked OR written Christmas cards.

To be fair, I never write Christmas cards. My holiday tradition is to buy cards, stress about how long it will take to fill them out, procrastinate until it's too late to send them, then feel guilty. On a separate note, I would like to tell you that my paternal grandmother sends Christmas cards to my maternal grandmother, but doesn't send any to me. My mother says it's because I don't send cards to her. The fact is, I don't send Christmas cards to ANYONE - so it's nothing personal. If you're already sending cards, shouldn't your actual relatives get cards before people you've only met once or twice in your life? In that instance, it is something personal!

#2: Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin and Carrie Prejean Should Never Run for President

They are vile people - hateful, mean and disturbing on every level. What I think is hilarious is that people like them because they think they have good Christian values. In this case, having good Christian values means you don't have premarital sex, you are against abortion even in cases of incest, rape or to save a mother's life, AND you don't like gay people. That's it! That's what people mean when they say a political candidate has good values. (I realize that Carrie Prejean hasn't run for office, but it's only a matter of time. I bet she'd be Sarah Palin's top VP pick.)

What's even funnier is people are somehow convinced that President Obama is not a Christian. They think he's an Other...not like us...possibly a Muslim...definitely not Christian. I've seen some crap passed around that President Obama is planning a Holiday tree this year, not a Christmas tree. It's completely made up...he's having a Christmas tree and it's called a Christmas tree. People are freaking out about this Holiday tree thing.

I recently read an article about a reporter who ran into President Obama at Arlington Cemetery on Veterans' Day. When I read the article, I was reminded why I voted for this man and why I will take his values hands-down any day of the week over the values of Sarah Palin, Carrie Prejean and Dick Cheney. Click here to read the article.

No comments: