Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Random Thoughts

The rest of my trip was pretty regular - we had Thanksgiving dinner at Simon's brother-in-law's parents' house. There were lots of people there, but I'm used to holiday craziness so it didn't faze me. We had delicious sweet potatoes cooked in oranges and yummy creamed corn with breadcrumbs on top.

We headed back on the day after Thanksgiving. It was odd because we spent the morning walking along Manhattan Beach, watching dolphins play in the ocean. The weather was sunny, mid-70s. When we got back, it was 30-degrees outside with snow! Yowza...

Since I'm feeling lazy, I thought I'd share some of my recent thoughts:

  1. I don't think Frosty the Snowman is an appropriate Jazzercise song. It doesn't make me want to get my heart pumping!

  2. If the world ends in 2012, I'm toast. I have no useful skills to benefit society plus I'm not rich. That means they won't let me on one of those ark things they had in the movie.

  3. Peanut butter jelly thumbprints are the best cookies EVER.

  4. It sucks when your back hurts because you can't do anything fun. It sucks more when you hurt it doing something lame like sleeping instead of something cool like bungee jumping.

  5. If I don't know how to spell a word, I'll pick a new word to use instead of looking it up in the dictionary like an intelligent person.

  6. Sometimes , when I don't know how to pronounce a word, I feel like one of those socially awkward goobers in the movie Trekkies.

  7. I worry that my cat Zoe is going to get so fat, she's going to have her own reality show.

  8. I'm not excited about my parents moving to Maryland.

  9. I never know what to say in funeral homes -- even if it's my own relatives.

  10. I have so many books in my "to be read" pile and so many recipes in my "to be cooked" pile, I'm soon going to have to admit defeat.

No comments: