Sunday, May 16, 2010

Three Minutes in Heaven, Baby!

I started Week 3 of From Couch to 5K this morning. It was a beautiful day for a run -- sunny and breezy! I'm very impressed with myself because this workout involved running for three minutes at a time. I know to experienced runners, that's may seem like something a three-year-old can do. For a woman like me trying to get rid of 30 lbs of conversion weight in time for the wedding, it was fabulous.

This week I'm also starting a "Clean Eating" initiative. It's all about concentrating on whole grains, lean meats, veggies, fruits and lean dairy. No added sugar or white flour. No processed foods like Hamburger Helper or bottled spaghetti sauce. Just wholesome, nutritious foods!

We'll see how it goes. I'm starting with an 85% rule. If I can eat clean 85% of the time, that's A-OK. (Plus, I have ingredients for a few "dirty" meals that I need to use up first!)

I've done something similar to clean eating before and felt absolutely amazing. I had more energy, my skin looked better and I felt way less stressed. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: