Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Hearing Voices in My Head

I've developed an annoying alter ego who happens to be a drill sergeant. I can't get away with ANYTHING anymore. Not a single Pringle will cross these lips with THAT voice in my head!

Yesterday, I forgot to pack my lunch, so I wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup from the cafeteria. The drill sergeant inside my head said, "How will grilled cheese look on your giant arse? Eat a baked potato instead."

Last night, I wanted to get a Seafood & Krab sub from Subway. The drill sergeant said, "I don't think so. Imitation crab and mayo? Get a Subway Club instead. It's one of Jared's picks."

Last night, I didn't feel like doing my arm exercises. Drillie said, "Do you want Fred Flintstone club arms in the wedding pictures? Start lifting those weights, missy!"

This morning, I didn't feel like going for a run at 5:30 a.m. Drillie said, "Do you want to look good in your dress or do you want to look like a narwhal in tulle? Get your butt moving."

Don't get me wrong. It's way better than the fat-enabling alter ego that used to reside in my head. That one used to say, "You've been working hard. It's OK to eat a Krispy Kreme. You'll work it off later."

it's exciting because I am starting to see results. I have more energy, my clothes fit better and I feel fitter. Plus, all the vitamins I'm taking are having a fabulous effect on my nails and hair. They're uber long and strong!

I'm considering this my official "Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy" start. (Although it will turn out to be more like eight weeks or seven-and-a-half.) I'll keep you posted!

No comments: