Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sad Story


I'm a sucker for animals, hence the two kittens (now cats) that I rescued. My boss told me about this on Friday and I was almost in tears.

Someone hit this poor little chihuahua with their car and didn't stop to see if they could help her. She was left in the middle of a busy road, in the hot sun for 12 hours. She was unable to move her hind legs. Not a single person stopped.

Finally, a good Samaritan stopped to see what was going on. She took the dog to a nearby vet for emergency surgery.

Unfortunately, the dog (named Fruit Bat) needs more extensive surgery on her hind legs in order to walk again. An animal rescue group took her in and is trying to raise money for surgery. The surgery will cost $1,200 so donations are desperately needed. I think they have $700 or so to go.

Click here to read the story and learn how to donate (if you're interested).

No comments: