Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Write Like


I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


I found a cool website that analyzes samples of your writing and tells you what famous writer you write like. It's not very accurate. Someone pasted in the text from the Mel Gibson phone calls and it said the writing was like Margaret Atwood. Margaret Atwood pasted in some of HER writing and it said she wrote like Stephen King.

I pasted in some copy from a book I started several years ago. (Here's the first sentence: You know you’re in a bad place when your friends describe the last two men you’ve dated as the Sex Fiend and the Star Trek guy. ) Just to clear things up, I believe the Sex Fiend was the guy who thought I should have sex with him on our second date because he had just lost his job. I politely declined and we never went out again.

Apparently, when I plugged in my fabulous words, the analyzer decided I was most like Cory Doctorow. I've never read his books, but maybe I should check them out. If he writes like me, they have to be pretty great!

No comments: