Monday, September 06, 2010

Freckles 1, Golden Glow 0

I've decided to tan before the wedding. First of all, I'm extremely pale and Simon is extremely not. We'll look like an Oreo cookie at the altar.

Also, being tan makes you look skinnier, and as we all know, I can use a little help looking skinnier. (Although I did run 2.17 miles this morning without stopping - go me!)

Finally, we're going to Maui for the honeymoon. I don't want to spend my first few days in a tropical paradise blotchy and red.

I started tanning on Saturday. While I was signing up, a customer came in. It was a guy my dad's age. White hair, white goatee, grubby hat - it was like watching a homeless Santa Claus go tanning. All I could do was pray that he didn't tan naked.

I've been tanning a whopping two times. No gorgeous J Lo glow for me. So far, I seem to have freckled a great deal. My arms are covered with 50 new freckles. Either they're going to grow together so I actually look tan or I'm going to look Howdy Doody on my wedding day. Either way, hot -- right?!?

No comments: