Friday, September 17, 2010

Wild Kingdom

I got up for my morning jog - 30 minutes, 2.6 miles, felt like I was going to die.

In the middle of my run, I saw an animal lurching around like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I thought it was a cat or small dog until I saw it crawl into the sewer. Yep, you guessed it. It was a raccoon.

Of course, thoughts of rabies danced in my head. As I ran past the sewer drain, I pictured creepy raccoon hands reaching out to grab my legs and then I visualized it chasing me. Not sure why I was worried. First of all, it wasn't a Gremlin. Secondly, I can surely outrun a hunched over raccoon.

A few minutes later, I was jogging happily to Fire Burning by Sean Kingston. I saw a man walking his dog on the other side of the street, but thought nothing of it.

All of a sudden two demons streaked in front of me. I squealed and jumped up in the air, kicking my legs. Then I realized it was the dog chasing a cat or a raccoon. I'm guessing a cat since it climbed a tree.

It's the first time I've seen a cat use a tree as an escape route and it was pretty impressive. I can't imagine what my cats would do if faced with a dog. I doubt Daphne would run. She'd go on the attack. Poor Zoe would run - her stomach would be swaying like crazy!

No comments: