Tuesday, October 05, 2010

My Weekend Accomplishments

I kind of ran a 5K last weekend. Unfortunately, there were only 25-30 runners. I came in dead last. I was beaten by a 9 year old, a 7 year old and a man who had never run before.

I think I started out too fast and there were some small hills. I just got really out of breath and had to walk. (Could also have been the cold I've been nursing for two weeks.)

I was extremely disappointed in myself. I've been running 30 minutes straight for a few weeks - not sure why I had so much trouble with this one. I felt like crying after I was done because I was so embarrassed by how slow I was. It wasn't particularly uplifting.

What WAS uplifting was the facial, manicure, pedicure and shampoo/style immediately following.
It was such a great treat!

Saturday was my bachelorette party.

We started at House Wine for wine tasting. They have this cool system where bottles of wine are set up like fast food soda dispenser. You just dispense the amount you want.

After that, we went to Otani for karaoke. It was hilarious - some of my friends are fantabulous singers. I am not, but I gamely sang The Thong Song with my friend Vicki. Love the Thong Song.

My friend Jen sang Justify My Love by Madonna and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I had lots of wine and sushi and saketinis - definitely good times and it took my mind off wedding planning AND my crappy run!

No comments: