Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good News

After taking nearly a month off from running due to a pulled thigh muscle, I forced my lazy butt to hit the pavement last night.

Bad News

My thigh hurts this morning. Maybe I'm meant to do some other form of exercise.

Good News

The taco potatoes I made on Tuesday were excellent. Just put taco meat on baked potatoes and top with jalapenos, lettuce, corn, salsa, tomatoes, black olives, sour cream and cheese

Also excellent: baked acorn squash. Slice in half and roast for 3o minutes facedown in a pan of water (get rid of the seeds). Scoop out the innards and puree the cooked squash with lowfat cream cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes for a good time. (Season generously with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Bad News

The meatloaf I made last night took an hour to cook and was not particularly delicious.

Good News

Bat-shit crazy Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell lost their senate races.

Bad News

I have to look at Ohio's smarmy ass-hat new governor for the next four years. I've already talked to the hubby about moving. I'm always amazed when people vote against their own self-interests.

No comments: