Thursday, November 04, 2010

Why So Glum, Chum?

I'll admit it. I'm in the doldrums.

After months and months of planning for my fabulous wedding and honeymoon, it's all over. I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to anymore. Well, except getting knocked up and I'm not planning on doing that for awhile. Plus, I have mixed feelings. Babies are great and I definitely want to start a family, but once I do, I'll kind of be busy with the baby for the rest of my life. That's the only downfall to being an old bride - you have to rush into the baby thing before all your eggs dry up and your uterus turns to dust.

I feel like my days are on repeat right now. Wake up, go to work, come home, make dinner, watch TV/read book/play Sims 3 Late Night, go to bed. Get up, do it over again.

I need a hobby.

Oh and I changed my name at the driver's license bureau yesterday. One more step closer to having my former identity wiped away and replaced with this new married person. And to be honest, I don't know who this Eljabo V chick is. I knew Eljabo B pretty well, but who is Eljabo V and what is she all about?

So to shake myself out of the doldrums, I think I'm going to need to create something to look forward to. I'm going to start painting and fixing up the condo. I think I'm going to take a Spanish class in the winter. I'd like to learn how to scrapbook because I have to fill a beautiful wedding album with handmade lace from Simon's mom and grandma. I'd like to say I'd like to learn to make lace, but who am I kidding?

No comments: