Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Binge to End All Binges

Last week, I went to Weight Watchers for my first weigh-in of the new plan. I had dreams of losing 6 pounds in one week and being admired by all as a shining example of how great the new plan works.

As I waited in line, I heard one person exclaim they had lost 10 lbs and then another exclaimed she had lost 4 lbs. The leader shouted out, "Wow! The people on the new plan have been pulling fantastic numbers."

Then it was my turn. I stepped on the scale, anxiously awaiting my own moment in the spotlight.

One pound. I effing lost ONE pound.

Yes, I realize that one pound is better than no pounds and ten times better than gaining pounds. But, I was seriously crushed. I had followed the plan perfectly. I barely used my weekly points. The only thing I didn't do as well was exercise.

I'm having a bitch of a time with exercise, like I always do in the winter. First, when I get home it's late and dark outside. I'm cold and hungry and the thought of leaving my warm home to go to the gym makes me sad. Also, the leg muscle I pulled while running is still not 100% better, so I've been trying to rest that. I know what I have to do to fix it - I have to stop to work out on the way home. Once I walk in the door, my butt is NOT going back outside.

The Binge

Since the weigh in, I've had a HORRIBLE attitude. I keep thinking since following the plan perfectly didn't do me any good, why should I even bother? Plus I had three parties last week and I didn't get home before 7 p.m. three different nights.

So last week, I embraced my starving fat chick and ate like the dickens. Starting today, I'm sticking to the plan. I just have to accept it's not going to be as quick as it was the last time. I'm older. I'm happier (so not as motivated to change). It's not going to be a walk in the park, but eventually I'll get there. I hope.

No comments: