Monday, December 20, 2010

I Have a Confession

I've been seeing a chiropractor.

I always thought chiropractors were quacks until I met one. I ran a race last fall with my friend Liz. Liz is a big believer in chiropractors and has been singing their praises for years. A local chiropractor was doing free screenings after the race. She was super nice so I had her check me out. Apparently, my neck was all frakked up.

I probably would never have actually gone in to see her had it not been for my body falling apart. I hurt my leg during that race. When I got back from my honeymoon, I tried running again - and hurt my leg again. Then my back hurt. Then my neck hurt. To prevent all my limbs from falling off my body, I decided to see the chiropractor.

It has been AWESOME. I love being adjusted. She puts my body into position and then body slams my bones into place. Plus, there's more. On my second visit, she strapped my back with electrodes and shot an electric current into my back muscles. On tonight's visit, she had the massage therapist use an ultrasound on my back - apparently, the heat relaxes the muscles.

I have a twisted pelvis and it's putting stress on my leg, neck and back, causing all the problems. She thinks I probably only need a few visits to get everything back in place. After just three visits, my leg doesn't hurt at all. My back is still pretty wrecked, but you can't have everything!

No comments: