One of my goals for 2011 is cook at home more so I have more control over what I'm eating. I'm also trying to keep track of what I cook just so I feel some sense of accomplishment at the end of the year. This may seem like a lot, but honestly, I love trying new recipes, so it's fun for me. I rarely ever make the same recipe twice.
- Vegetarian Mexican Casserole (Southern Living) -- I cut way back on cheese and used light sour cream and cheese.
- Vegetarian Cashew Chili (Cooking Light) -- Simon assembled and may have thrown in some extra hot sauce and chili powder.
- Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms (Weight Watchers) -- The cooking time was a little off, but it was really easy and tasty.
- Sauteed Mushrooms (Cooking Light Bulletin Boards)-- I sauteed mushrooms in white wine and sprinkled with Italian seasoning. Very delicious!
- Buffalo Chicken Baseballs (Weight Watchers Bulletin Boards) -- I've made the regular version before, but the buffalo chicken baseballs were especially delicious. Plus, they were super easy to make!
- Pudding Grahamwiches (Light & Tasty Magazine) -- An easy, fun dessert that tasted better than many of the storebought options out there. Simon REALLY liked them.
- Southwest Pita Melt (Flat Belly Diet book) -- Simon said this was the one of the best dinners I've ever made, so I figured I should include in this top tier of recipes. It's ridiculousy easy - uses Morningstar black bean burgers and is assembled in a unique way. I did not include the onion or tomato - used salsa instead.
- Cornbread (Staff Meals at the Chanterelle Cookbook) -- This was good, but I personally prefer my cornbread to be a little sweeter.
- Stuffed French Toast (Cook This, Not That Cookbook) -- Pretty good! I loved the filling
- Jalapeño Cheeseburgers (Cook This, Not That Cookbook) -- These were pretty good - I've just had better cheeseburgers before!
- Tilapia Oreganata (Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes) -- I thought this was tasty - although I didn't thaw the fish before cooking it ...and I should have. Properly cooked fish would taste even better!
- Keema Samosas (Weight Watchers Take Out Tonight Cookbook) -- These were VERY tasty, but a LOT of work.
- Swedish Meat Dumpling Stoup (Rachael Ray 365) -- Great comfort food!
- Buttermilk Pancakes (All Recipes) -- Yum - pancakes!
- Italian Wedding Soup (For the Love of Cooking) -- Simon liked it; I thought it was a little bland
- Early Riser Pigs in a Blanket (Hungry Girl) -- Easy to make, but not my favorite
- Curried Zucchini Soup (South Beach Quick & Easy) -- I'm not a big fan of blended soups, so this wasn't my favorite.
- Ribbon Salad (South Beach Quick & Easy) --Basic salad recipe - liked the dressing though.
- Low Fat Brownie Bites (Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes) -- Easy fix for a chocolate craving
- 15 Minute Skillet Cassoulet (Weight Watchers) -- Just OK
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie -- tasted nothing like cheesecake :(
- Grilled Cheese Casserole (Cooking Light Bulletin Boards) -- This sounded so good - and tasted so bad. It made me feel sick afterward. The bread was all soggy and gross.
- Crazy Crust Pizza (Weight Watchers Bulletin Boards) -- I swear the Weight Watchers bulletin board ladies are CRAZY. I've seen raves for this for months and decided to finally try it. It was like cardboard with toppings.