Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday

I've been a very lame blogger. I'm trying to do better, but my life is so busy now. I do so much writing at work, the last thing I want to do is write at home. For the most part, I had a fun weekend. Simon and I stayed in and watched movies on Friday and Saturday nights. We watched Salt and The Town -- both were very good.

Last night, Zoe was in rare form. I woke up to find her curled up next to me with her head on my stomach. Very cute! Every time I shifted positions, she found a way to sleep on me -- on my stomach, on my back, on my stomach again. When I tried to pet her, she started gnawing on my fingers.

On Sunday, I went to see the play Tony & Tina's Wedding with Vicki. The play was a giant wedding between Tony & Tina, with the audience acting as guests. There was a buffet dinner, champagne toast and cake. Also, there was a brawl, the best man offered Vicki and me pot (oregano), and the father of the groom's stripper girlfriend tried to get us to dance with her. Good time!

In theory, I like the idea of those "you're part of the action" plays. In actuality, they scare the bejeezus out of me. I just don't want anyone to touch me. I was petrified I was actually going to have to dance with one of the cast members and that would have been really awkward. What do you say to someone who is acting as the worst wedding caricature you can imagine.

Tomorrow Vicki and I have to go for a fitness evaluation. We signed up for a boot camp. I'm really nervous - I've gotten so out of shape. What if I'm half fat?

No comments: