Saturday, March 19, 2011

Grrr...

I have received three unsolicited mailings about uterine fibroids from Mount Carmel Hospital. I appreciate their concern about my uterus, honestly I do.

Thanks to the mailings, I now know that 20 to 30 percent of women ages 30 - 55 have uterine fibroids. And at age 34, I am well within that target age range. However, I do not and have not ever had uterine fibroids. (At least, I don't have any symptoms of uterine fibroids. And, if these fibroids are symptomless and won't kill me, who cares?)

For a second, I thought someone who didn't like me signed me up to get mailings so I would be embarrassed. Then I realized that uterine fibroids are not embarrassing. If someone hated me enough to sign me up for something embarrassing, it would be for herpes or bedwetting or something like that.

Normally, getting junk mail wouldn't bother me. However, I don't appreciate getting junk mail tied to my aging female bits. I already know my innards are getting older. I don't need any reminders.

No comments: