It's that time again! Below is a run-down of what I've been cooking. Keep in mind, I was in Las Vegas for one week in April and on the 17 Day Diet for another, so my cooking list is a little lame!
My absolute favorite from April was the Coconut Banana Bread with the Broccoli-Chutney Pita Pizzas close behind. Simon's favorite was probably the Spinach Stuffed Sole.
Phenomenal (would make again)
- Broccoli-Chutney Pita Pizzas (Supermarket Vegan cookbook) -- Simon wasn't sure about this one, but it won him over. I thought it was a delicious, quick, easy, light meal.
- Apple Pie Smoothie (Self Magazine - April 2011) -- delicious AND filling
- Spinach Stuffed Sole (some random magazine) --I used cod. I sprinkled lemon pepper on the fish and rolled it up with spinach/feta and baked. Worked with Cycle 1 of the 17-day diet.
- Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze (Cooking Light) -- the lime glaze was SOOOOOO good
Great (probably would make again)
- Apple-Walnut "Stuffed" Pancakes -- (Weight Watchers Ready Set Go cookbook)
- Crunchy Cheddar Fish Strips --(Eat What You Love cookbook)
- Ranch-Style Eggs Over Polenta (Weight Watchers From Pantry to Plate cookbook)
- Cajun-Style Catfish ( Light & Tasty magazine June/July 2004)
- Soy-Ginger Chicken Breasts (Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites cookbook) --this worked with Cycle 1 of the 17-day diet - well technically, not the honey, but there's not much of it.)
Good (edible - but probably would not make again)
- Simple & Delicious Chicken with Potatoes & Asparagus (Rachael Ray 365 cookbook) -- good, but nothing exciting
Eh (would not make again)