Monday, May 02, 2011

Yowza #2

Obviously, the death of Osama bin Laden is huge news. However, I'm feeling very conflicted about the event.

There's a huge sense of closure - and I'm sure families of the victims feel like justice has been served. I also feel relieved that he is unable to hurt anyone else ever again, as he was a genuinely evil man.

However, as I watch the news coverage, I'm struggling with some of the responses I've seen. For some reason, it feels wrong to celebrate someone's death - no matter how evil that person is. I just think it's callous, disrespectful and bound to stir up responses we don't want.

It's not that I think Osama should be around. I definitely think he was bad news for everybody. It just feels wrong to be joyous that another human has died - no matter who they are.



No comments: