Monday, May 09, 2011

Husband of the Year

Yesterday, I made 17-day diet compliant jalapeño poppers. They were delicious and nutritious.

At the end of the day, I removed my contacts with absolutely no problem. However, when I tried to put in my contacts this morning, my eyes burned with the fire of a thousand suns. I tried a brand new pair. My eyes still burned. At this point, I figured the oils from the jalapenos somehow must have been absorbed into my fingertips. (This was also after washing my hands numerous times and taking a shower. )

I had a big meeting today so seeing was a necessity. However, my one pair of crooked glasses covered in feline tooth marks aren't the most professional.

I needed to figure out a way to make my contacts work, so I begged my husband to put them in my eyes for me. Miraculously, he did. (Isn't he the best?) No burning and he has my eternal gratitude. Although over the course of our marriage, I highly doubt touching my eyeballs will be the grossest thing he endures.


1 comment:

shannon said...

Husband of the year!! :)
You guys are so cute!