Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Case of the Blahs

It's a dreary day in Columbus, Ohio and I'm feeling equally dreary. Today is one of those days where I feel like a stressed, fat, greasy and zitty frump with questionable social skills. It's like I've transported myself back into my 24-year-old self's body - only with better luck with men, a better job and better pets.

The best thing to do is try to shake myself out of this rut. I've created an action plan because I'm a loser like that.

  • Stressed: I've signed up for a yoga class so I could start making myself more zen-like. We'll see if that helps with my stress!

  • Fat: Well, this one is kind of simple. I need to eat less and move more. I'm struggling with this one. When I did the 17 day diet, I felt much better physically. However, it's really hard for me to not be able to eat a piece of bread or a side of rice or some fantabulous black beans. I think for sustainability purposes, Weight Watchers is the way to go.

  • Zitty: I was going to buy a clarisonic so I could work on my zittiness, but I shouldn't spend $119 on a complexion fixer. I opted for the $12 Clean & Clear Morning Burst Surge. (Yes, a little pricey, but way cheaper than $119.) I liked it the first time I used it - I'll keep you posted on whether it improves my complexion.

  • Frumpy: I should probably change out of my cat pajamas. That would be a good place to start. I also plan to buy some svelter work-out clothes instead of the tent-like t-shirts I have been wearing.
  • Questionable Social Skills: No clue how to fix this one. I do go through introverted spells - especially when I'm crazed at work. It's like work sucks out all of my energy and when I get home, I don't want to talk to anyone. I should probably force myself to talk to people. Although when I feel less than stellar about myself, I am less likely to approach people.

No comments: