Thursday, June 16, 2011

Violated

Today, I was cyber-raped by a bunch of punk-ass douchebags who have probably sit around spanking their monkeys and imagining what it would be like to interact with actual human beings.

Some asshole hacker group thought it would be funny to post 62,000 emails and passwords on the internet and then invite the general public to try these various emails and passwords on websites across the website.

My email and password were among them.

This hacker group has hacked into the CIA's website, Sony's website and Foxnews.com. I'm not sure why publishing the personal information of a 34-year-old Ohio resident with two cats and a husband would be all that great of an accomplishment.

I realize it's my fault for using the same password for multiple sites. I'm old. And, I have a lot of stuff to keep track of. I alternate between 3 or 4 passwords and STILL have a hard time keeping track. Because of this lack of brain power, I spent most of the day canceling my credit cards and changing passwords for every single site I know.

My Facebook, Linked In and iTunes accounts were definitely breached. Not sure if others were. Luckily, I got notified of the Facebook attack about an hour after it happened so I was able to quickly fix my passwords. I had no idea why it happened until I texted my friend Vicki to complain about the entire situation, only to have her send me the link to the story about the attacks.

What's worse is I'm looking at this hacker group's Twitter feed and people are BRAGGING. They are thrilled that they're breaking up relationships on Facebook, ordering giant dildos on Amazon, stealing money from PayPal. I realize that humanity has taken many giant steps back over the years, but is it really that funny to mess with people's lives? These are real human beings with real stuff going on.

I happen to be one of the lucky ones (I think.) The hacker who broke into my Facebook didn't seem to post anything or send offensive messages. Neither did the Linked In person or the email person. As far as I know. I still went ahead and changed my financial accounts anyway.

Am I stupid to use the same password for lots of stuff? Absolutely. Are you any better for having stolen it? I don't think so.

No comments: