Sunday, November 06, 2011

Cooking Hits & Misses - October!

I actually did a lot of cooking this month...most of it was crap, which has had a detrimental effect on my waistline.

The all-star, top-notch performer was the Buffalo Chicken Pizza, with the Buffalo Chicken & Potatoes close behind.  What can I say?  I love ANYTHING that uses buffalo sauce.

Phenomenal (would make again)
  • Crock Pot Cream Cheese & Sausage Dip (Food.com) - This is the full-fat version of the sausage dip that I took to a party.  Why subject strangers to my diet?  It is absolutely delicious.  However, I'm surprised it doesn't cause a heart attack as soon as it's ingested.  
  • Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken & Potatoes (Weight Watchers message board) -  I ate this 4 days in a row and didn't get sick of it at all!  I used hot buffalo wing sauce and light blue cheese dressing because fat-free dressing is nasty.  I also didn't measure the buffalo sauce - just poured it until the chicken was covered.
  • Chicken Adobo (Flora's Food Foray blog) - I wasn't sure what to expect when I made this, but it was delicious to eat and insanely easy to prepare.
  • Buffalo Chicken Pizza (Baked Bree blog) - Yum, yum, yum, yum!  I thought this was absolutely delicious.  I made it on flour tortillas, instead of regular pizza crust.
Great (probably would make again)
  • Crockpot Cream Cheese, Sausage and Rotel Dip (Crockpot 365 blog) - I have no complaints about this dip.  However, I used low-fat ingredients. The full-fat version is much, much better.
  • Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies (Two Peas & Their Pod blog) - I made these for a party.  They were pretty dang tasty.
  • Vegetarian Rice & Bean Burritos (Weight Watchers Five & Under cookbook) - These were surprisingly good.  I find Weight Watchers recipes to be hit and miss.
  • Vegetarian Enchilada Soup (Our Life Together blog) - This soup was surprisingly spicy, which I loved. 
  • Southwestern Style Cornbread (Supermarket Vegan cookbook) - This was pretty darn tasty.  It's not a sweet cornbread, which I normally prefer, but I still liked it.  I crumbled it into the Enchilada Soup.
Eh (wouldn't make again)
  • Ole Vegetable-Cheese Soup - OK while I was eating it, but the leftovers weren't so hot.
  • Brown Sugar Fruit Dip  (Southern Living) -- I used low-fat ingredients in this dip and it worked out just fine.  It was tasty, just nothing exceptional.

No comments: