I would say my hands-down favorites were the smoothies with cottage cheese. I've made these nearly every morning this month and haven't gotten sick of them yet. I tried Oatmeal Cookie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Lemon Cream Pie, Lemon Raspberry, Malted Milk Chocolate and my own concoctions incorporating cherries or bananas.) I think the Oatmeal Cookie was my favorite.
Phenomenal (would make again)
- Baked Acorn Squash (Pioneer Woman) -- Normally, I'm not a huge fan of acorn squash. I think it has a weird texture. Apparently, I enjoy it when slathered in butter and maple syrup. Try this recipe - you won't be disappointed.
- Smoothies w/Cottage Cheese (Dashing Dish blog) I tried a million variations of this recipe and they were all delicious. Who would have guessed cottage cheese would be so yummy in a smoothie? Tastes just like yogurt or milk but so much more protein - I would stay full until lunch!
- Maple Lime Salmon with Cilantro Couscous (Fitness magazine) This was easy to make and delicious as well.
Great (probably would make again)
- Meatball Casserole (Casserole Queens Cookbook) Probably not the healthiest dinner ever, but it tasted pretty good!
- Spiced Cauliflower & Potatoes (The Indian Slow Cooker) This is what I ALWAYS get when I go to Indian restaurants. I can't believe I made it myself - and I can't believe it tasted EXACTLY like it does when I go to Indian restaurants. Plus, it cooked in a slow cooker, which made it super easy to make.
- Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal This was a great breakfast option. Sadly, I only got to eat it a couple of times before I got a killer sore throat, so I couldn't eat it as frequently as I would have liked.
- Crockpot Italian Chicken This recipe has a lot of variations - I used frozen breasts and cooked it longer. It was really decadent and delicious. Simon liked it too. We served over whole-wheat pasta.
OK (would need some tweaks)
Eh (wouldn't make again)
- Tuscan Greens and Beans Soup (Weight Watchers Cook It Quick Cookbook) It was a little on the bland side. If I made it again, I'd sub broth for the water.
- Spicy Sausage and Peppers Penne (Pampered Chef It's Good for You Cookbook) I thought this was OK - Simon HATED it.