Friday, August 10, 2012

What's Cooking in my Kitchen

This was another light cooking week, but I made a couple of things.

I tried Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches with Melted Provolone (Campbell's Kitchen).  I did the open-faced variation on Texas Toast.  I've been drooling over this recipe every time I stumbled across it in my recipe box.  In actuality, it wasn't that great.  It was way too salty.  If I made it again, I would make my own gravy. I wouldn't use the French Onion soup.

I checked out a new cookbook from the library: The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson. (Not that Pam Anderson.)  I can't wait to try some of these recipes - they all look delicious.

The first one I made was Slaw-Topped Mexican Flatbread with Refried Beans and Pepper Jack. (I used a flatout wrap instead of flatbread.)  This took all of 15 minutes to make.  It was healthy and pretty tasty as well.  Definitely not gourmet, but I think we can all use a quick, easy, healthy recipe right at our fingertips.



No comments: