Friday, January 25, 2013

My Sheer & Utter Geekdom

Over the holidays, Mr. Eljabo and I tried watching the first season of HBO's Game of Thrones.  I made it through part of one episode, but found it to be muy confusing.

Still, I kept hearing good things about it, and I like to be in the know, so I decided to read the book, which is about a million pages long.  For the first few chapters, I had to keep looking up family trees and maps online. I couldn't keep anything straight.

Once I got everyone straightened out, I really enjoyed the book.  Minus the incest and rape scenes. (Even though I grew up in West Virginia, I am not pro brother-sister love.)  Most surprisingly, I liked the battle scenes.  When I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I skimmed most of the battles.  I found the battles in this book interesting.

I'm still not 100% sure who I should be rooting for.  I like Tyrion, Daenrys, Jon and Arya the best, but I'm pretty sure I should be hating a couple of them.

My husband and I have just started watching season 1 again.  I've made it through two episodes and love it because I can tell him exactly what's going on.  I feel really smart.  Although Jules' description of the show on Cougartown was pretty apt:  there IS a lot of butt sex.

No comments: