Saturday, November 22, 2014

Infested

I'm usually pretty healthy -- I don't catch colds and flus very often.  In fact, I think the last time I had the flu was 15 years ago.  

That was before I had a 5-month old living with me.

I was warned.  I was told that I would start getting all kinds of lovely diseases.  I scoffed at the idea - surely I'd be able to fend these illnesses off.  

The Wee One caught her first cold around Halloween. Although she remained in a perfectly pleasant mood, she was pretty pathetic -- sneezing and snorting and coughing and sniffling.  I took her to the doctor, who said she just had a cold.

The next thing I knew, I had caught her cold.  I was snorting and coughing and sniffling.  Ick!

Then The Wee One's eyes started oozing a greenish discharge.  They were matted shut one morning so  I called the doctor and they said to bring her in.

This time, she had the dreaded pink eye in both eyes and a double ear infection.  The doctor warned me that pink eye was very contagious. Again, I scoffed,  I hadn't had pink eye since elementary school. 

Two days later, my eye was oozing.  I had caught the dreaded pink eye on top of my cold.

I even missed work. I ended up working from home two days so I could keep the Wee One out of daycare AND I took an actual sick day.  

It took me about two weeks to get over this nasty cold and I'm still treating my pink eye.  It sucks!.
Of course, my husband did not catch it.  He's the only healthy one in the house!

And of course, this has wreaked havoc on my weight loss since I have felt like complete and utter crap.  I gained 1 lb last week.  :(

No comments: