Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I just flew in from New York...and boy, are my arms tired!

Ha! That joke never gets old. Well, maybe it does, but I'm going to use it anyway.

Camels on farms: Why?
I visited my grandmother last weekend - she lives in a super small town (Flushing Ohio - no stoplights, lots of cows.) I was driving back home and passed a farm that had about 20 horses and a camel. A camel - dromedary if you're interested. What would possess you to have one of those in your backyard? I had one spit at me once when I worked at a zoo. Yuck!

Tom Cruise : One wacky dude
When I was hanging with my grandmother, I watched the Tom Cruise interview on tv on Friday night. (What else do you do with your grandma?!?) Let me just tell you, he is super scary.

If I were Katie Holmes' parents, I would spirit her away in the middle of the night. There was one point when he said something like "I'll never let her go" and I got a shiver down my spine (not the good kind). I guess they had their baby earlier today. If possible, I feel even sorrier for little Suri Mapother. I think Michael Jackson's kids will seem normal in comparison!

Me: the Opposite of "Sex and the City"
On Monday, I flew to Manhattan (lots of stoplights, surprisingly few cows) for work. I was very impressed with myself because I managed to maneuver around the 4 blocks or so surrounding my hotel. I even found an OK sushi place on my own.

I'm not sure if I could live in New York. It's exciting and loud and fast-paced but I'd miss my car and my apartment with the lake behind it that appeared after too much snow melted and my neighbors who hang enormous American flags on their wall instead of artwork.

I decided I'm officially a loser - I was in New York City and I was asleep before 10 p.m. (Although Monday isn't really the most magical night for socializing.)

My American Idol Review (I'm tired, so it's only going to be one word per person):

  • Chris - Surpising
  • Paris - Smoky
  • Taylor - Passionate
  • Elliott - Charming
  • Kellie - Ghastly
  • Ace - Average
  • Katharine - Wow

My going home prediction - Ace!

No comments: