Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's Official - I'm an Unofficial Auntie!

So my pregnant friend Amy really was in labor when I talked to her last night. They went to the hospital at 4 a.m. and called me to let me know they were there at 6 a.m. (thankfully, they didn't call me at 4!) Poor Amy was having some sort of blood pressure issues, so she has to stay overnight and can't eat or even get out of bed.

The baby is adorable - a little girl named Evangeline (Evie for short). I picked up some pink things for her on the way over - Amy and Max didn't know what they were having so the diva-in-training has a yellow/green wardrobe.

I have to say, I have no idea how all that baby fit inside Amy. It just doesn't seem like it should be possible. I'm not 100% convinced that it's possible for the baby to come out either (although I know it is.) And in the delivery room, they had a mirror set up so you can watch yourself give birth. Yuckaroo! If I ever have children, I'm going to establish a rules that there will be no mirrors in the delivery room and no one goes South of the Equator but the medical professionals. It may be a miracle, but I don't have to watch!

I'll try to post a picture later. I'm too lazy to try to figure out my camera right now.

My American Idol Review:
Queen night tonight on Idol - as usual, some singers were ridiculous and others were marvelous.

At the bottom of the heap: Ace (forgot his words and did a scary screechy thing), Bucky (OK but voice not strong enough) & Kellie (dominatrix Barbie - who the heck is voting for her? She's AWFUL!)

Middle of the pack: Paris (I just don't care for her), Chris (he just didn't excite me)

Best of the night: Katharine (mesmerizing), Elliott (very soulful) & Taylor (such a fun performance - and he has the voice to pull it off!)

1 comment:

FourDotsDesigns said...

such tiny writing...it just makes you want to read it! i had to copy-paste it into notepad just to see what you said.