Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ugh - I'm a Really Bad Cook

I'm back to trying out new recipes - my 2nd recipe out of the Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats cookbook. It was recipe #2 Smoky Turkey Shepherd's Pie.

Blech - the flavor wasn't bad, but it was way too watery and it looked absolutely DISGUSTING. Like orange slop with mashed potatoes splattered all over it.

I don't know if I'm mentally deficient, but I can't make a Rachael Ray recipe in 30 minutes to save my life. It took me over an hour to make the orange slop.

I was going to halve the recipe as I'm one person and I have no desire to eat Smoky Turkey Shepherd's Pie for every meal for the next week. It's supposed to serve 4 people - it could serve about 8 people. I have to say, I was completely underwhelmed with the whole experience.

The next recipe in the book is a "spin-off" of the shepherd's pie - it's beef goulash. I'm thinking it's not a good idea. I might have to skip ahead to the macaroni and cheese recipes. Or I might have to get a stomach transplant to make up for the torture I'm giving it.

1 comment:

amymvt said...

sorry your recipe didn't work out. It might not be you, you know!? teh cookbook sounds like an interesting idea at least but shepherd's pie and goulash don't seem very fun or exciting to me.