Monday, May 15, 2006

All I Can Say Is...Soul Patrol!

Woo hoo!

My pick for American Idol's next superstar? Mr. Birmingham himself, Taylor Hicks! Yes, I'm sadly obsessed with American Idol. It's a sickness. I try to find normal hobbies (or at least more useful ones) like crocheting or stomach crunches.

Unfortunately for me, every Tuesday and Wednesday night, my fanny is parked in front of television and I turn into an armchair vocal critic.

The sad thing is, I took voice class in college. (I was a music major - trumpet - and all music majors are required to take voice and piano.) I can't sing a lick - in fact, the two times I had to sing by myself in front of other people, I hyperventilated. So who am I to criticize someone for being out of tune? I'd be passed out or crouched on the floor breathing in a paper bag.

Maybe that's why. If they can't do it, they shouldn't be. The world doesn't need more bad singers. (Although I'm not as bad as my friends Scott and Rich who were the only people I've ever known who were asked by the instructor not to sing during a group voice class.)

Oh - and if you get bored, play Taylor Hicks Pacman. It rocks!

No comments: