Thursday, May 18, 2006

No Work for Me Today!

I had the day off today and I'm thrilled to death! I didn't even think about work today. (Well, I did think about it, but not very much!).

I "slept in" (until 7), watched a couple of episodes of CSI Season One from my Netflix, went to the gym, got a smoothie, went to the library, cleaned 1/3 of my living room, met my mom at Panera for lunch, went to a couple of stores with my mom, came home, cleaned another 1/3 of my living room, sat on the couch for 45 minutes, went to bellydancing lessons and now I'm home. Whew!

I watched the Tyra Banks show earlier today and she was having a plus size model competition on there. Miss Tyra was all "You've got to embrace your womanly curves." It's very easy to embrace your "womanly curves" when you're a supermodel and your fat day is a size 4. Ugh. I hate skinny people who try to be all fat-friendly.

Stomach Rolls: Not Just a Squishy Gut
At bellydancing tonight, we continued our the exciting world of stomach rolls. Those things are so freakin' hard. You've got to stick your boobs and butt out, left your boobs up, roll down your spine one vertebrae at a time so your stomach and then hips roll out past your boobs and then you somehow tuck your butt under. Ow! It absolutely kills your lower back. And let me tell you, tonight there was no embracing of my womanly curves. I feel fat and about 100 years old.

I was going to clean the remaining 1/3 of my living room, but I think I'm going to bed and read more of Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer. I used to have a thing for Abe. Slept with his presidential flashcard under my pillow.

No comments: