Sunday, September 03, 2006

What a Weekend!

My 30th birthday was fabulous fun - not traumatizing in any way, shape or form. The day at the spa was amazing- especially the massage. Dinner was great too - except I was too full for the Big Fat Mamasan (I think that's what it's called) ice cream dessert so there was no dessert on my birthday! (The pictures are of Liz & Misha to the right and me and Jen down below. )


I liked the comedy club too - except weirdo people seemed to think the show was a Q&A session. They kept interrupting the show to ask Blake Clark about his opinion on various wars. I was tempted to throttle them but luckily I didn't or I would've spent my 30th birthday in jail. Not a good way to start out a decade!

Go Bucks!

Yesterday, I went to the Incredible Hottie's place to watch the Ohio State game on his fancy-schmancy TV. (Well, he watched the game...I took a nap.) I still think he's pretty dang good-looking, but I'm more used to him now so it wasn't quite as distracting.

Today I'm meeting my parents for a late birthday lunch. I'm thinking Abuelo's or the Cheesecake Factory.

Today's Random Weirdness

I just finished a book called Dating Can Be Deadly. It was typical chick-lit read - a light, breezy way to kill off an afternoon. Before I checked out the library, I read some reviews because I've been burned on unfinishable chick lit before.

One reviewer gave it one star, writing: "everyone smoked, drank and had free for all sex without any concerns about any of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude. I don't mind sex or drinking or smoking. Just not ALL THE TIME. "

So I thought, hmmm...must be a pretty good book. The whole time I'm reading, I'm thinking when are we getting to the good stuff? The answer was NEVER. One character smoked - twice in the whole book. There was some drinking - but it wasn't excessive. There was no sex whatsoever. None at all. The characters talked about it a lot, but no one acted on anything. It's kind of funny that someone could be offended by what was in the book - I was more offended by what wasn't in the book!

No comments: