Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bring On the Cranberries

I just thought I'd share a really quick-and-easy recipe I tried over the weekend, since cranberry season is still here. These were really good - and definitely bursting with cranberries! Warning: they're a little tart if you're anti-tart. I got the recipe on the Weight Watchers message board - can't remember who posted it.

Cranberry Burst Muffins Serves 12 @ 3 pts
  • 1 Tbsp dry bread crumbs (I used cornmeal instead)
  • 1-1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup skim milk (room temperature) (Crap! I just realized my milk was cold!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 12 ounces (1 bag) fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffin tins with paper liners and sprinkle bread crumbs in each (bread crumbs will help soak up the wetness). Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. With an electric mixer on High speed, beat together sugar, milk, eggs and butter. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until blended. Fold in fresh cranberries. Pour into muffins tins and bake for 30 minutes, until golden on top.

No comments: