Thursday, November 16, 2006

Squirmy Wormies

Today was one of those cold, drizzly days that makes you want to curl up in a blanket by a fireplace with a stack of books.

It was also one of those days where you have to run in a zig-zag pattern from your car to your place of employment, so as not to step on the squiggly earthworms crawling around on the puddle-filled pavement.

I think worms are absolutely disgusting. I don't like thinking of them being cut in half, yet still miraculously living like some kind of zombie creature. I don't like the way they squirm. I don't like the way they smell. (Am I crazy? There's an earthworm smell, isn't there?)

My friend Jen was talking today about how she wants to save all the worms that somehow get up to our work pavement. I'm not that nice. I just don't want to get their icky worm guts all over my feet. This is why I have to run on my tiptoes when going to the office (although I'm sure some of my co-workers just think I have some sort of physical and/or mental ailment.)

1 comment:

30-Something Girl said...

Ewwww now I'm going to dream about worms. Happens everytime I see a bug or whatever a worm is.... what is a worm anyway? Yeah, I guess a bug.