After work today, I headed to the gym for some exciting work on my butt muscles. That Bodypump class is killing me. I had the hardest time doing lunges...I suspect it was because I was doing them incorrectly before. I hate the gym at the beginning of the year - all those New Year's resolutioners cluttering up the machines for the month or so before they break their resolutions.
Speaking of resolutions, I'm setting a few goals for myself this year. I read an article that said if you commit to your goals in public, you're more likely to reach them. So here it goes (in no particular order):
- Go to Japan to visit my friends Jennifer & Brian
- Try to eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal. French fries don't count.
- Reach my Weight Watchers goal so I can be a Lifetime Member and eventually a Leader
- Save money to buy a house next year (although I'm still not sure I want one...which means at least I'll have saved money!)
- Focus my exercise attention on strengthening the lower-half of my body (abs - butt - hips - legs)
- Fret less about work and things I can't control and focus more on enjoying myself as much as possible
Luckily these can all be accomplished by the end of the year - I'm not setting ridiculous goals like, I want to lose 100 lbs or adopt a baby from China or complete a master's degree, as those would be pretty darn impossible to achieve this year (or many years in some cases!)