Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And We're Off!

It's the second day of 2007 and already I feel like I've been run over by a steamroller. That first day back to work is always the worst. I had a gazillion annoying emails to read and a gazillion annoying people to call. The worst thing is I have to be at work by 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. Wearing a suit. I can't even get to work on time by 8:30 a.m. on every other day of the week. Good times!

After work today, I headed to the gym for some exciting work on my butt muscles. That Bodypump class is killing me. I had the hardest time doing lunges...I suspect it was because I was doing them incorrectly before. I hate the gym at the beginning of the year - all those New Year's resolutioners cluttering up the machines for the month or so before they break their resolutions.

Speaking of resolutions, I'm setting a few goals for myself this year. I read an article that said if you commit to your goals in public, you're more likely to reach them. So here it goes (in no particular order):

  • Go to Japan to visit my friends Jennifer & Brian
  • Try to eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal. French fries don't count.
  • Reach my Weight Watchers goal so I can be a Lifetime Member and eventually a Leader
  • Save money to buy a house next year (although I'm still not sure I want one...which means at least I'll have saved money!)
  • Focus my exercise attention on strengthening the lower-half of my body (abs - butt - hips - legs)
  • Fret less about work and things I can't control and focus more on enjoying myself as much as possible

Luckily these can all be accomplished by the end of the year - I'm not setting ridiculous goals like, I want to lose 100 lbs or adopt a baby from China or complete a master's degree, as those would be pretty darn impossible to achieve this year (or many years in some cases!)

No comments: