Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Where's the Beef? On My Plate!

I cooked my very first steak! I realize to many people, that's not a major accomplishment, but it was very exciting for me. I'm not a big meat cooker - I don't like to touch it and I'm never quite sure what to do with it. However, this is my year of trying new things - including developing exquisite culinary skills - so I took a stab at it.

My parents got me The Biggest Loser cookbook (I'm sure the title wasn't a hint!) for Christmas so I made one of the recipes in it - Rosemary London Broil. It was so simple, I'm not even going to write down the exact recipe for you. Basically, I rubbed rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper on the steak, letting it sit for 5 minutes to soak up all the stuff. After that, I cooked it on my George Foreman's Grill for about 6 minutes. After that, I let it rest for about 10 minutes. That's it...easy-peasy!

What's even better is I can get way more servings out of the meat than the cookbook said I could so the WW points are even lower. I find it difficult to shovel in big slabs of meat (proven by my experience at the Brazilian all-you-can-eat meat buffet).

1 comment:

Steven said...

I justed wanted to say that one day I wish my blog can be as cool as yours. Good luck with all your 2007 plans and congrats with your first steak dinner ;-)