Saturday, April 07, 2007

Baby Got Back!

On my never ending quest to trim my tush, I decided to check out Bellydance for Beginners with Suhaila: Fitness Fusion Buns.

Holy crap - it made my arse absolutely miserable. And since I went to BodyPump today, a fitness class that includes a 5-minute section of Killer Squats from Hell, my booty is exceptionally crabby.

I just realized I sound like this psychotic girl on What Not to Wear who went on and on about her girls and how her girls liked to be on display and they were very unhappy about being covered up. Blah blah blah. (Her girls were, in fact, her boobs. ) I don't actually think my butt is talking, but it is in pain.

This workout DVD does not teach you bellydancing or anything remotely like bellydancing. However, you do slow controlled motions targeting your glutes. There was one move where you tuck your pelvis under and then push it out - very slowly. It looks kind of like some hillbilly dude's pick-up move around the time of last call at the bar, so don't do it in front of company. It does work however

The hardest move was sitting on the floor with your legs in a V. You have to flex one butt cheek at a time - right, then left. I didn't even know this was physically possible - and the height some of these video girls got with their butt cheeks was amazing! Mine was pretty much suctioned to the ground, but you could've fit a phone book under some of these girls' rear-ends.

No comments: