Monday, April 23, 2007

In a Rut...

I'm in a big-ass rut - ugh. I'm bored with my job and my social life. I'm bored with what's on TV. I need a jump start of some sort. To be honest, I actually don't mind being in a rut. Eventually I'll get bored enough to make some kind of change and the change is usually better than what I was doing before. I'm on a much-needed vacation this week so I have plenty of time to develop a more zen-like approach to my everyday living. Maybe I should study feng shui.

I think I'll look into Japanese lessons. I'm a little petrified of traveling to Japan by myself in December - mainly because it'll be my first time out of the country and I can't even speak a syllable of the language. If I were going someplace where they spoke Spanish, French, German or even Italian, I could figure out some stuff 'cause it's similar to the English words. Japanese words sound (and look) nothing like English words. I'm petrified I'll be kidnapped and forced into prostitution or that someone will steal my innards. Can you tell I'm from Ohio?

Even My Dreams Are in a Rut...

I've been having a bunch of annoying wackadoo dreams lately. The other night I dreamed I had to do a trumpet solo in the middle of a marching band half-time show at a football game (something I did lots times in high school and college.) Unfortunately, when it came time for me to go on, I discovered I forgot my trumpet (something I never did - thank goodness!)

Last night I dreamed I was in the Miss America pageant (something I obviously never did - I didn't even try for Miss Marshall County Fair or anything like that. Mainly because I was fat and zitty.) For some reason, the pageant was being held at the Dairy Queen down the road. When I was getting ready backstage I realized I left my evening gown and bathing suit back home and all the cars were blocking me in so I couldn't go get them.

Hmmm...methinks I may worry too much.


Random Crap to Click

This has nothing to do with Japan or my rut or zen; I simply find it amusing. Click here to see comparisons of what food looks like in advertisements versus what it looks like in real life. It's AWESOME. I'm the biggest sucker for commercials. Every time I drive by a fast food joint, I want to order whatever they're promoting. When I do, I'm always massively disappointed because it looks nothing like it did in the commercial. (Don't get me started on all the crap I've bought from infomercials...)

No comments: