Friday, May 25, 2007

Sigh

So I went with some peeps on Wednesday to check out Eddie George's Grille 27 on Ohio State's campus. It was OK - a little noisy and the menu was so eclectic, it was weird. I ordered the seared tuna because I was trying to be good. It's sad that eating healthy is so dang expensive. My friend's husband ordered a fried bologna sandwich and it only cost him $6.

If you would've told me five years ago that I would on purpose eat raw fish or slightly raw fish, I would've laughed hysterically. (Yet, sadly, would've thought nothing of eating a Quarter Pounder.) But it's really, really good - especially tuna. That's my favorite.

After that, we went to see Cirque Du Soleil's Corteo. It was my first Cirque Du Soleil performance and I was transfixed. I just don't understand how people do these things with their body. I can't even touch my toes without bending my knees (tight hamstrings - it's genetic, I swear!)

The things these women could do: hanging upside down from a chandelier on one foot, doing 15 backflips in a row, hanging upside down from two ropes in a split position while letting a muscular man do backflips from your ridiculously long ponytail. (I don't even like to comb my hair when it's tangled.) And the men - I've never seen such upper body strength in my life. There were standing on poles and tossing women back and forth. Wow!

It made me want to eat nothing and exercise like a fiend, but even then, I don't think I could be an acrobat. When we gave our standing ovation, I realized that the freakishly tall people on stage were just average height. Everyone else was so unbelievably not tall - I'm talking well under 5 feet for some of them and many of the guys seemed to only be around 5 feet. I don't know where they find these people - Europe perhaps? I loved the show though - it's a little pricey, but I was in awe for most of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seared tuna. You are making me hungry.

Meanwhile, in other thoughts....
Blog Requests:
1. your turkish coffee experience -i'm in the middle of a conversation about thai coffee vs mcdonald's iced coffee vs "what other kinds of coffee are there?"
2. any comments on the catfight on the view?

love ya~

Anonymous said...

I got the seared Tuna for lunch! thanks for putting that idea in my head :)