Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Comparison

So yesterday I was sitting in my fabulous cube, typing away on my oh-so-exciting keyboard while listening to one of the floor's admins going into great detail about her weekend with another one of the admins. It took 2 hours for her to talk about her weekend - it took me about 5 minutes total to talk about mine. Let's compare:

  • Her - Went to BOMA (a ritzy frou-frou bar) and racked up a $300 drink tab
  • Me - Went to Cracker Barrel with my parents for Father's Day brunch

  • Her - Spent hours achieving her look - down to super-short shorts and smoky eyes
  • Me - Put hair in ponytail so it wouldn't annoy me while shopping for kitten supplies

  • Her - Called brother at 5 a.m. because she was still out
  • Me - Saw brother for about 10 minutes when he came home from work in between my viewing of Breach with my mom and my 11 p.m. bedtime

  • Her - Woke up with hickey on her neck - her first one ever (hopefully not from her brother)
  • Me - Played fetch with parents' dog

We're even about the same age - she said she it was her 30th birthday last weekend. I feel slightly dull - although I don't really want to do all those things. Particularly the random hickey. I'm 30 - I don't need to be investing in turtlenecks at my age. Let's leave that to the high schoolers!

No comments: