Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Weird Gym Folk

Today, I went to an early morning BodyPump class where I experienced one of the oddest things ever. We were doing bicep curls when all of a sudden I kept hearing this inhuman growl. It sounded like a bear or a wolf.

At first, I thought it was part of the music - mainly because I was behind a pole and my view was obstructed. I peeped around - in the front of the class was this teensy-tiny man with a leg cast. He was curling his lips and making these dreadful monster faces and grunting/growling/screeching up a storm.

I thought he was maybe trying to lift too much weight - sometimes guys do excessive grunting when they're lifting super heavy weights. This man was lifting 12 lbs! I lift 7 - and that's actually pretty wussy. I should be doing at least 10. Twelve pounds was making this man screech like a werewolf. The weirdest thing was that no one else acted like this was abnormal. It was like being stuck in The Emperor's New Clothes. I was the only one who knew the truth...

No comments: