Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Poor, Poor Stomach

Let me just say - it's hard to type with a purring kitten rolling around in your lap...they're getting rabies shots tomorrow, so they won't be purring for long!

Yesterday was my exciting belly dancing debut at the Ohio State Fair. It went pretty well - except I pulled a muscle in my thigh in the very first move (kneeling on the ground and leaning back into a kind of back bend.) Yowza! We had a packed house, which was fun. Surprisingly, a great number of State Troopers felt our show needed extra security, so they stood around watching for trouble. (At least, that's what I think they were doing.)

I walked around after a show with a couple of the other dancers. We learned if you go out wearing hooker-like makeup, men are nicer to you. (No - we weren't wearing our costumes ...just the makeup. It's hard to get inch-thick glitter off your face!) A couple of the fair workers picked up a picnic table and moved it in the shade for us so we'd have someplace to eat. (Granted, they wanted the folding table we were at, but it was still awfully nice.)

We also managed to consume the most massive quantities of food known to mankind:
  • Gyros
  • Peach Dumpling
  • Deep-Fried Oreos (eh)
  • Deep-Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich (yum)
  • Hot mini doughnuts (recommended by my friend Michael - and well worthy of the rec!)

On top of that, I went to Shadowbox Cabaret last night with Max, Amy and Stephanie where I consumed:

  • Nachos
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Double-Tall Freak (a mixed drink)

Today, I'm absolutely miserable. Is it possible to have a fried food hangover? I'm majorly de-toxing...cooking vegetable soup and earlier I made a yummy pasta salad. Usually, I hate pasta salad, but this was just about perfect (cheese & spinach tortellini, broccoli, black olives, reduced-fat feta, red onion and reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette.) I am never putting that crap in my body again ...until the next fair!

Boy Update: OK - the guy who starred in my 'How to Lose a Guy in 5 Days' saga keeps texting me - so I may have been premature in my judgment. However, I'm really peeved at him - and I shouldn't be peeved at someone I've only known for a week - so I think I'm losing him in 5 days.

No comments: