Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Rave Review!

I'm not one to give book recommendations lightly, but I just finished one of the best books I've ever read.

You've got to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. (His other book is The Kite Runner - another goodie!)

There were moments in this book that were simply lovely - there are no other words to describe them - as well as moments of great heartbreak. I wish I could write like he does - packing so much emotion in the shortest of sentences.

This isn't a beach book or a light read by any stretch - it made me cry at times. But, it's well worth the effort.

(And to give my absolute favorite book ever a plug, check out The Time Traveler's Wife. For those who say, "I don't like science fiction," it's not science fiction-y at all. It's just a love story!)

No comments: