Tuesday, September 18, 2007

4:30 Should Not Be a Real Time

All I can say is waking up at 4:30 a.m. is horrible. It doesn't feel remotely natural to be in an upright position that early. Thank goodness for coffee - even though that's probably something terrible to drink before you work out. (Either that or it's something completely awesome to drink.)

I really like boot camp - it's a lot of circuit training stuff (sprints, light weights, ab work). The only annoyance was a snotty girl behind me who apparently has done a boot camp before 'cause she kept saying things like, "At my old boot camp, we didn't get water breaks. This is so easy." Meanwhile, I'm a big red, panting sweatball who was insanely grateful for the water breaks because they prevented me from collapsing in a heap.

Post boot-camp was a little rough though - I was tired and hungry and thirsty for most of the day. I even had bellydancing class last night and was so exhausted when I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep. I had finally fallen asleep when I was jolted awake by the loud Southern rock blaring from my below neighbors' bedroom. They played that crap from 11 p.m. until 1 a.m. I wanted to cry.

It was rough going when my alarm went off today, but I had fun on my second day of camp too. I think this is a good thing I'm doing!

No comments: