Saturday, September 22, 2007

Argh - HATE the Scales!

After working my hiney (my Sapphire Glitter Hiney to be exact) off in boot camp for the past week, I went to my Weight Watchers meeting expecting to be goddess of the scales.

Instead, I gained .4 lbs. I know that's not a ton of weight, but I didn't want to gain after all my hard work. The leader told me it was normal to gain after changing up your workout and it might be 6 weeks before my body adapts to exercise. 6 WEEKS! I only have 3 weeks left in camp - I better lose something.

I don't understand the whole 'muscle weighs more than fat' deal You've got a pound of muscle and a pound of fat - they both weigh a pound. I know muscle takes up less space - but shouldn't it weigh the same? Maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

To make matters worse, my friend couldn't join me today so I sat down next to a kindly-looking woman who seemed very mom-ish. She proceeded to tell me all about how she gained weight this week because she was using steroids for her asthma. Then her friends sat with us and they all gabbed about shingles (the disease), tumors, cysts, and cancer. It was the most depressing 1/2 hour in my life. I think the most boring topics on earth are money and illnesses - I wanted to go sit at another table but I didn't want to be rude.

I thought about asking them who they thought Bret Michaels was going to pick in Rock of Love, but I figured they weren't fans of the show. Who do you guys think he's going to pick? (If you watch.) I think it might be Heather.

No comments: